Monday 13 July 2015

An update well overdue...lots of pictures!

Well that was a fast 6 months! I can't believe how busy I have been since returning to work! Just a few things that have happened then recently, to keep it brief! Went back to work as an engineer full time, bought a house, surfed, refurbished a kitchen, free dived, planned a wedding, went to crossfit, changed my job role, windsurfed, got married, and went to Mauritius. I have been windsurfing, but haven't many pictures as the winter was dark, cold and rainy! Here are a few though, none from the most memorable session at Mexico's one of my favorite beaches, but a similar session at the Bluff below another day. I love wave sailing!

Here are some pictures from Bigbury, a varied sport for wave sailing and freestyle:

Also I have been SUPing on the no wind days with SUPBoarder Mag Will Rogers, seeing seals and beautiful sunsets!

I have also been doing a little free diving to help with breath holds and big wave confidence. It is still quite cold in a 5.4mm suit as it is a surf suit and you don't generate any heat when free-diving as you try to relax, so I might purchase a closed cell diving suit. I had the bonus of seeing crabs and jellyfish and even finding a great fishing reel!

I also had the best two weeks of my life this year, getting married to Stef and spending our honeymoon in Mauritius. The wedding was incredible, in a place so close to our hearts at Whitsands beach, where we surf, windsurf and fish all year round. The weather turned out to be perfect, if a little windy, (appropriate for us both!) after weather warnings and torrential rain the day before! Here are a selection of our favorite photos, from Emma Latham at Freckle Photography HERE(she comes highly recommended!):
Now having just seen the live stream to the first PWA Wave event of the year in Gran Canaria, I am feeling a little sad not to be involved, and am desperate to sail back in Pozo! Ben's Pozo diaries and everyone's updates remind me how hard I trained and improved last year and all the friends I made. I am really driven to improve after seeing all the sailors competing, I just need some conditions! I hope I can manage to to an event this year, if not then concentrate on next year's as there is also the British Tour to support too, and Tiree was so much fun last year! I'll keep training for now and see where this leads me...

No comments:

Post a Comment